TTA Round 2 2015 Time Attack Machine class
The 5th part of zerotohundred.com TimeToAttack 2015 coverage will cover the TAM(Time Attack Machine) class. We will cover both TAM <2200CC and TAM >2200CC class. This is a class where big boy come out and play as there are no real restriction as long as your base chassis is a series production chassis. Tyre is restricted to semi slick with threadwear of 60 or above.
There are 8 entries in this class with everyone managed to post a lap time. Congrats to Pee Sau Peng for setting a new lap time record for TAM<2200CC class with 2:29.250.
Full Result Summary:
- Pee Sau Peng/ Honda Integra Type R DC5/ 2:29.250/ Advan A050/ FAST Autoworks
- Uzi Ng/ Honda Civic EG6/ 2:29.576/ Advan A050/ N2CS Racing
- Alan Wong/Chris Tan/ Honda Civic Type R FD2/ 2:31.622/ Hankook Z221/ Pentagon Racing
- Matthew Ng/ Honda Integra Type R DC5/ 2:32.638/ Advan A050/ Grip Academy/Fuchs Lubricants
- Chan Chun Man/ Honda Integra Type R DC5/ 2:35.115/ Hankook Z221/ API Racing
- Chai Kok Hoe/ Honda Civic EK/ 2:38.738/ Achilles 123S/ Prince Lubricants
- Goh Chun Kiat/ Honda Civic EK/ 2:41.228/ Unknown tyre/ SRALE Rev Racing & Top Speed
- Amir Hamzah Bin Baharudin/ Honda Civic EK/ 2:49.180/ Toyo R888/ First Ultimate Racing
There are 7 entrants in this class with 5 of them managed to post a lap time. However, there are only 4 cars that posted a lap time. The Lancer Evolution that Desmond Soh supposed to drive have some issue so Teh Kian Boon and Desmond Soh end up sharing ST Powered Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution CT9A chassis instead that Teh Kian Boon usually drive.
Full Result Summary:
- Desmond Soh/ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution CT9A chassis/ 2:15.611/ Hankook Z221/ ST Powered
- Tee Kian Boon/ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution CT9A chassis/ 2:16.955/ Hankook Z221/ ST Powered
- Filbert Tan/ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX/ 2:22.492/ Hankook Z221/ RZER
- Ken Hooi/ Subau Impreza WRX STI/ 2:23.784/ Hankook Z221/ Fuchs Edge Racing
- Iskandar Dzulkhairi/Eddie Ng/ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution CT9A/ 2:26.792/ JWR Racing/ST Powered
DNF(Did not finish):
- Koh Aik Leong/ Mazda RX-8/ Hankook Z221/ Fuji Motorsports
- Md Azman Md Nor/ Proton Putra 4G63/ Hankook Z221/ Pakelo Red Baron
TAM(Time Attack Machine) class summary
TAM <2200CC get a new record courtesy of Pee Sau Peng with 2:29.250. His car of choice is Honda Integra Type R DC5 and his tyre of choice is Advan A050. He is the previous record holder too with time of 2:29.746. Congrats to him for improving nearly .5s and managed to set a new record in the process! This will be the end of result post from TTA15 RD2.